Sunday, October 31, 2010

Chorizo and Chicken is like a Hand and Glove?

IMG_3865

I love chorizo. I especially love this chorizo. It isn't easy to find here in Marlborough, MA, but I do get it in Cambridge. When I am there I go to Cardullo's Gourmet Shoppe and stock up. So when I found a package in my freezer downstairs (yes, I have an extra freezer and refrig downstairs) I had to make something.

IMG_3866

I had some cannellini beans but I didn't soak them overnight. I did the quick soak on them and they worked fine.

IMG_3864

Browned some chicken quarters.

IMG_3867

I added all the other stuff and left it on a low flame for about an hour and a half. It still looked a bit soupy so I put it at 375 into the oven for the last hour and a half.

IMG_3869

It came out really well. Next time I wouldn't cook it on the burner at all. I would brown everything but then I would just cook it in the oven for the whole time. Since I was just winging it I did it this way this time.

IMG_3870

Oh and case you wonder what Parker is up to these days...

74441_449986856918_584061918_5484916_2577775_n

He is out partying! He went to a Bradley class Halloween reunion. He dressed as Bam Bam and the cutie with him is Pebbles.


Chicken and Chorizo Thingy
adapted from what I had in my pantry and freezer
(Printable Version)
6 Chicken quarters
2 Tbl olive oil
1 onion diced
1 Chorizo Palacios Chorizo from Spain (Hot) or anything else like it that you want
Salt and Pepper
1 or 2 tsp Smoked Paprika
Water
1 pkg Cannellini Beans (soaked overnight or quick soaked) or 2 cans of cannellini beans

Season chicken with salt and pepper. Heat olive oil and brown chicken (about 10 minutes) in dutch oven. Remove Chicken from pan.

Add chorizo and onion to dutch oven and saute until chorizo is brown and onion is transparent. Return chicken to pan. Add the beans.

Add water to cover. Add paprika. Cook on low flame for about 1 hour. Transfer to 350 oven for about another 1.5 hours.

NOTE: This is just how I ended up doing it but you could do the whole thing in the oven after browning and it would be fine. I will do that next time I make this.

10 comments :

  1. I say they go together perfectly. Um. Pebbles and Bam Bam are TOO ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never tried chorizo and chicken together but it's a good idea.
    By the way, I love Bam Bam and Pebbles! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM!! bam bam and pebbles... cuteness together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also love chorizo! And being in Dallas, it's a little more accessible here - I think I'll be making this soon - I especially like the official name! 'Chicken and Chorizo Thingy'. Catchy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The kids are so cuteee!
    I just love the recipe. It sounds homey and comforting. Can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cutest. Photos. Ever.

    I agree with the chorizo/chicken combo. Match made in heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute kids!!!!

    I wouldn't have said that chorizo and chicken go together, but after that last picture, yeah, they do and HOW! Gorgeous dish.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummm. This must be chorizo week. I love that it is, because I love chorizo. Will have to try your recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. YUM!! bam bam and pebbles... cuteness together.

    ReplyDelete