Monday, February 15, 2010

Lamb chop invention...well not really

IMG_2223

I have been trying to use up what I have in my two freezers and my refrig. I still have a bunch of lamb left from the whole lamb that I bought before winter. We have used up all the parts we like and I have lots of chops left. I wanted to do something with them and I kept thinking that they would taste good with a Ceasar dressing on them. Then I remembered that we once made a lamb roast that had garlic and anchovies. So, I decided to play around with the idea.

I took one can of anchovies and about 1 tablespoon of minced garlic and 1/4 of a C of olive oil. I put it in a food processor and made a paste. I marinated them for about 3 hours and then pan seared them and finished them in a 350 oven.

Not bad.

IMG_2224

2 comments :

  1. Anchovies and lamb? I never thought about this combo. I should try it on my spider lambs

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds very greek... Love the idea of teh combination and will give it a shot

    ReplyDelete