Thursday, August 6, 2009

Memories

IMG_0858

I am having a Pampered Chef party tonight. It seems out of character for me to be doing this, but I have never been to one and all my neighbors seem to love the product. I thought it would be fun. So, I had to come up with things to snack on and I am so tired of all of my recipes that I tried to think of something new. This is by NO MEANS new but I haven't made it for a long time and I am banking on the fact that my neighbors have never had it.

I got this recipes from Susan Hattie. Susan was a friend on rec.food.cooking. This was before the internet (really there WAS a "before the internet"). There were still cooking groups around. I met Mr. Food (I really should be calling him Dr. Food and will do so from now on) on rec.food.cooking so it holds a wonderful place in my heart. I liked it better than anything on the internet but don't tell anyone. Anyhow, Susan Hattie passed away quite a while ago and I miss her wit, intellect, and edge. Thanks for the ole faithful recipe Hattie!

(I double this recipe)

6 oz goat cheese (softened)
4 oz cream cheese (softened)
3 or 4 cloves garlic (to taste)
about 1/2 cup pesto
about 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes (oil-marinated kind).



1. Mix cheeses together in bowl (I used the food processor). Smoosh or mince garlic and add it.
2. Drain and chop tomatoes fine.

To assemble:

Line a medium bowl with plastic wrap or cheesecloth.
Put waxed paper or plastic wrap on a counter or cutting board and form a
circle of cheese on it with a spatula. Invert layer into bowl.
Put a layer of tomato or pesto on the cheese.
Make another cheese layer and invert into bowl.
Put a layer of pesto or tomato (whichever you didn't use before) on that layer and cover it with another round of cheese.

Keep layering if you have made multiples of this recipe and have a large
bowl.


Wrap and chill for two hours or so. Unwrap and invert on a plate to
serve. Serve with crackers and/or baguette slices. Fresh herbs or pinenuts are nice
as a garnish.

No comments :

Post a Comment